This KIA New Vehicle Warranty coverage is subject to the conditions outlined under:
- Warranty Policy Statements
- What is Not Covered
- Owner’s Responsibilities
This KIA New Vehicle Warranty applies only to KIA Vehicles that are registered and operated within the territorial limits of the Australian mainland and Tasmania.
Warranty Coverage Period
The KIA New Vehicle Warranty commences from the “first registered date” of the vehicle as advised to KIA Motors Australia (KMAu), being the retail delivery date, date of first registration or date of first commercial use of the vehicle, whichever occurs first.
Different vehicles have different warranty periods, depending on the type of vehicle and the use of the vehicle. The Warranty Period ends at the expiration of the term of base coverage or other coverage, as described herein.
What is Covered
KIA warrants that your new KIA Vehicle is free from defects in material or workmanship, subject to the following terms and conditions. A KIA Dealer will make necessary repairs, using genuine KIA parts, to correct any defects in material or workmanship covered by this warranty without charge to you. Refer to the following pages for specific warranty coverage guidelines and terms and conditions.
Change of Owner
During the warranty period, the KIA New Vehicle Warranty is transferable to subsequent owners of a KIA vehicle.
If you have purchased a used KIA Vehicle, please complete the Change of Ownership form.
KIA reserves the right to make changes or have changes made to vehicles built and/or sold by KMAu and its authorised KIA Dealers at any time, without incurring any obligation to make the same or similar changes to vehicles previously built and/or sold.
Warranty Policy Statements
7 Year / Unlimited Kilometre Warranty - Private / General Fleet & Government Vehicles
KMAu provide a SEVEN YEAR UNLIMITED KILOMETRE WARRANTY against defects arising in materials or manufacture for private and general fleet and Government fleet vehicles sold from 1 October 2014.
KIA warrants the vehicle against defects arising in materials or manufacture except where items are expressly excluded or for which a separate warranty applies.
This 7 Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty is subject to the terms and conditions detailed in these Terms and Conditions, including the sections on “What is not Covered” and “Owner’s Responsibility”.
This 7 Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty does NOT apply to vehicles used at any time during the warranty period for commercial use, including but not limited to those used as a Rental vehicle, Hire Car, Taxi, Courier vehicle, Driving School vehicle, Security vehicle or Bus and Tour vehicle. Commercial use vehicles are limited to a 7 year / 150,000 Kilometre Warranty (whichever occurs first).
The owner may be required to provide service records, evidence of usage history for the owner and previous owner/s and other vehicle records to establish the vehicles warranty status and to establish that the vehicle has not been operated for commercial use.
7 Year / 150,000 Kilometre Warranty - Commercial Use Vehicles
KMAu provide a SEVEN YEAR / 150,000 KILOMETRE WARRANTY (whichever occurs first) against defects arising in materials or manufacture for Commercial Use vehicles sold from 1 October 2014.
KIA warrants the vehicle against defects arising in materials or manufacture except where items are expressly excluded or for which a separate warranty applies.
This 7 Year / 150,000 Kilometre Warranty is subject to the terms and conditions detailed in these Terms and Conditions, including the sections on “What is not Covered” and “Owner’s Responsibility”.
This 7 Year or 150,000 Kilometre Warranty (whichever occurs first) applies to vehicles used at any time during the warranty period for Commercial Use, including but not limited to those used as Rental vehicle, Hire Car, Taxi, Courier vehicle, Driving School vehicle, Security vehicle or Bus and Tour vehicle.
The owner may be required to provide service records, evidence of usage history for the owner and previous owner/s and other vehicle records to establish the vehicles warranty status.
7 Year Body Corrosion Warranty
For Private / General Fleet & Government Vehicles, any body panel that contains a physical hole (from the inside out) through a body panel due to corrosion, caused as a result of a manufacturing fault, is covered by the KIA New Vehicle Warranty for a period of 7 years.
For Commercial Use Vehicles, this warranty coverage is for 7 years or 150,000 km, whichever occurs first.
7 Year Exterior Paint Durability and Finish
For Private / General Fleet & Government Vehicles, any body panel that contains a paint durability or finish defect caused as a result of a manufacturing fault is covered by the KIA New Vehicle Warranty for a period of 7 (seven) years.
For Commercial Use Vehicles, this coverage is for 7 years or 150,000 km, whichever occurs first.
Defects defined as scaling, surface rust, blistering, scab, corrosion and fading that may result from insufficient or improper maintenance or care, are excluded from the KIA New Vehicle Warranty.
1 Year Paint Appearance Warranty
Any Paint application defects, such as overspray, low gloss, mismatch, mottling, cloudiness, runs, fish eye, pin holes, slow drying, thin paint waving, tape mark, touch up, dust or dirt in the paint will be covered by the Kia New Vehicle Warranty for a period of 1 year.
The 1 Year Paint Appearance Warranty does not apply for paint defects arising from stone or similar chipping, tree sap, hail damage, windstorm damage, chemical/industrial fallout, salt spray, bird/animal droppings, or any other environmental condition.
The original engine electrical system battery is fully covered for the first 2 years of the KIA New Vehicle Warranty period regardless of kilometres.
The KIA New Vehicle Warranty does not cover tyres. Tyres are covered by the express warranties provided by their respective manufacturers or suppliers and any claim for tyres should be directed to the nearest tyre supplier or manufacturer service agent.
Air Conditioning Refrigerant Warranty
The air conditioner refrigerant charge is covered for the first (1st) Year of the KIA New Vehicle Warranty period regardless of kilometres. Over the balance of the KIA New Vehicle Warranty period the refrigerant charge is covered only when replenished as part of a warranty repair.
Parts and Accessory Warranty
KIA Parts and Accessories installed at the time of a retail sale of a new motor vehicle are covered by the KIA New Vehicle Warranty applicable to your vehicle, depending on the vehicle’s use.
If Accessories are installed by an Authorised KIA Dealer after the retail sale, they will be covered for the remainder of the KIA New Vehicle Warranty period or for 1 Year, whichever is the greater.
In the case where a replacement part is installed under the KIA New Vehicle Warranty during the vehicle’s warranty period, the part is covered for the remainder of the KIA New Vehicle Warranty period only.
KIA replacement parts and accessories that are not installed by an Authorised KIA Dealerare covered by Parts and Accessory Warranty for 1 year or 20,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first.
If a component covered by the KIA New Vehicle Warranty fails as a result of poor workmanship or materials, rendering the vehicle immobile or un-driveable, the cost of towing to the nearest Authorised KIA Dealer is generally covered under warranty.
It is recommended that you contact your nearest authorised KIA Dealer or call KIA Customer Service on 131 KIA (131 542) for guidance regarding warranty coverage prior to arranging towing.
Transfer of Warranty
This warranty is transferable to the new owner whenever the vehicle is sold.
The new owner must complete the ‘Change of Owner Advice Form’ and forward the completed form to KMAu.
The warranty may NOT be transferred to another vehicle under any circumstances. The warranty will be voided in the event of the vehicle being “Written Off” (that is, the vehicle has been damaged to the extent that renders repair of the vehicle impractical or uneconomic) or disposed of by an insurer.
Non Genuine Accessories
KMAu does not recommend the fitment of non-genuine, unapproved or unauthorised accessories. KIA Genuine Accessories are designed and engineered to provide correct fitment and durability, as well as ensure compliance with all relevant legislation.
Non genuine, unapproved or unauthorised accessories are NOT covered by the KIA New Vehicle Warranty. In the event of a concern please refer to the express warranties of the respective manufacturers or suppliers.
To the extent allowable by law, the liability of KMAu under this warranty is limited solely to the repair or replacement of parts defective in material or workmanship.
Such replacement or repair is to be carried out by an authorised KIA Dealer at its place of business, and specifically does not include any expenses, consequential loss, indirect loss, economic loss, loss of revenue or special loss, which are not reasonably foreseeable that may arise from any defect of a vehicle.
Other Terms and Conditions
This warranty is given in lieu of all other express warranties (except those set forth separately in these Terms and Conditions on the part of KMAu or KIA).
No dealer, or any agent or employee thereof, or any other person, is authorised to extend or enlarge upon the terms of this warranty.
What is Not Covered
The items specified below are not covered by the KIA New Vehicle Warranty:
- Damage due to factors beyond the manufacturer’s control, including but not limited to -
- Misuse of the KIA Vehicle, such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing etc. (proper usage is described in your Owner’s Manual).
- Accidents, such as collision, fire, theft, riot, etc.
- Alteration, modifications, tampering, etc.
- Impact damage, surface corrosion or cosmetic conditions, resulting from or due to, but not limited to, stone chips or scratches in paintwork or damage to glass.
- Damage due to -
- Lack of proper maintenance as described in your Owner’s Manual.
- Improper maintenance or the use of other than the specified oil or lubricants as recommended in your Owner’s Manual.
- Use of other than the specified fuel (as specified in your Owner’s Manual), improper fuel quality or fuel contamination.
- Normal deterioration -
- Normal wear, tear or deterioration such as discolouration, fading, deformation etc on both internal and external vehicle components.
- Surface corrosion on any part other than the body sheet-metal panels forming the exterior appearance of a KIA Vehicle (Exhaust, suspension and similar components).
- Any defects caused by repairs or parts replacement by other than an authorised KIA Dealer.
- Defects which are caused by or attributable to modifications not carried out by or at the direction of KIA or KMAu.
- Defects which are caused by or attributable to the use of non-genuine KIA Parts or Accessories.
- Any damage considered to be part of normal maintenance, such as cleaning and polishing.
- Replenishment or replacement of oil, fluids, coolant, wiper blades, fan belts, filters, brake and clutch linings, spark plugs, light globes, gaskets and so on, as a result of normal wear and tear.
- Maintenance services described as “Scheduled Maintenance Service”, “Owner Maintenance Service” or “Appearance Care” in your Owner’s Manual.
- Various adjustments, such as brake and clutch adjustment, adjustment of head lamps, wheel alignment, tyre balancing and rotation, engine adjustment etc.
- Noises or vibrations of low amplitude or frequency which are considered to be representative of the characteristics of the vehicle.
- Slight oozing of oil or fluids from seals and/or gaskets which cause no material decrease in the level of such fluids.
- Panel gaps which are considered to be representative of manufacturer’s design intent.
- Appearance defects which are not apparent unless magnified or which are considered to be of minor cosmetic nature and having no affect upon the general appearance or quality of the vehicle or, which are representative of the standard of finish accepted by the manufacturer.
- Wheel rims and tyres damaged or defective as a result of impact.
- Deterioration, staining or corrosion of plated parts, paint coatings, rubber or plastic components or soft trim which occur due to normal exposure, general wear and tear and usage.
- Paint and corrosion defects arising from Accident, Misuse, Stone chips or similar damage, Tree sap, Hail damage, Storm damage, Chemical or industrial fallout, Salt spray, Bird or animal droppings, Any other environmental condition.
- Any damage due to flood damage, storm damage, water damage, natural disasters or damage due to similar environmental circumstances/conditions.
- Exhaust System corrosion (excluding manifold/s).
- Corrosion due to incorrect service or maintenance of the radiator, brake and clutch hydraulic system components.
- Oxygen Sensor (O2) and/or Catalytic Converters and/or Particulate Filters which have a limited service life expectancy.
- The breakage or scratching of glass occurring after delivery of the vehicle to the customer.
- Any repair of a KIA vehicle on which the odometer has been altered or on which the actual distance travelled cannot be readily determined.
- Defects deemed by KIA, KMAu or their representatives as being attributable to the failure to adhere to requirements regarding periodic maintenance services.
- Any economic loss which is not a reasonably foreseeable loss. This may include, without limitation, consequential loss, incidental loss, indirect loss, economic loss, loss of revenue, special loss and other expenses or damage
Service and Maintenance
Maintenance and Inspection
You are responsible for properly operating and maintaining your KIA Vehicle in accordance with the instructions described in your Owner’s Manual.
In order to have repairs made under the KIA New Vehicle Warranty, you must retain maintenance inspection records to show that the required maintenance inspections have been performed.
For your convenience, a service and maintenance log is included in your Service and Warranty Manual. The “Scheduled Maintenance Record” must be completed whenever scheduled maintenance is performed.
It is the owner’s responsibility to ensure that all services are carried out as required and detailed service records are kept and that the service and maintenance records are completed at the time of service.
These records should include date of service, odometer reading at the time of the service, a description of the service performed and/or parts installed. If you sell your vehicle you should give your maintenance records to the new owner.
KIA will not necessarily deny a warranty claim solely because you do not have records to show that you have maintained your vehicle. However, damage or failures caused by lack of proper maintenance are not covered under warranty.
In some cases, you may be asked to provide proof of servicing and vehicle maintenance to verify whether warranty coverage is available for some types of repairs.
KIA Dealership Locations
KIA have Authorised Service Dealers across all states and territories of Australia.
It is the owner’s responsibility to present their vehicle to an Authorised KIA Dealer for repairs to be made under this warranty.
For a full listing of Authorised KIA Dealers, visit our KIA Dealers section on our website - www.kia.com.au or call KIA Customer Service on 131 KIA (131 542).
Change of Address, Contact Details and Ownership
Should you change address whilst owning this vehicle, please complete the Change of Address Advice Form.
If you purchased a used KIA Vehicle, please complete the Change of Ownership Advice Form.
Alternatively, contact KIA Customer Service on 131 KIA (131 542) to have your details updated.
Warranty and Service
In order to receive warranty service under this warranty you must take your KIA Vehicle, along with the Service and Warranty Manual, to an authorised KIA Dealer in Australia during the normal service hours of that dealer.
While any Authorised KIA Dealer will perform warranty service which is covered by the warranty on your KIA vehicle, KIA recommends that you return to the dealership where you purchased your KIA vehicle because of their continued personal interest in you.
To locate your nearest Authorised KIA dealer, contact KIA Customer Service on 131 KIA (131 542).